Ahhh, Christmas is over and I have to say, this was probably the most magical Christmas we have had yet! Adelaide was in awe of everything! She opened so many gifts...she only wanted "dresses and lipstick" when asked what Santa should bring her. Yes, she's quite the girly-girl. :) I know she loves the Littlest Pet Shop and is beginning to play with Barbies. However, the Barbie thing is strange; she loves to play Barbies at other people's houses who have A LOT of Barbie accessories. Weird. Anyhow, Santa was good to this little girl...dresses, lipstick, jewelry, Littlest Pet Shop, Thomas, American Girl Doll (yes, she got her first Am. Girl doll complete with accessories), music CDs, books, etc. I think my favorite comment she made was when she opened the hamster wheel from the Littlest Pet Shop, "Yay! Just what I wanted!" Now there is something to be said to see your child's face light up with pure joy and satisfaction over a simple gift. The dresses she held up and said, "I love this dress! It's just beautiful!" We really tried to avoid the greediness of the season and find the true meaning in Christmas, but hey, she's not quite four yet! ;)
Before Christmas, my BFF from when I was 5 and she was 4 (even though she told me she was 13 when we met and I believed her...yep, sure did!) came up and we baked cookies ALL.DAY.LONG.! Her son, Trenton, and Addie played together all day and made gingerbread houses. This is definitely a tradition we are going to continue each year.
For Christmas gifts for the parentals, I made a scrapbook of Addie's year. I used the Simple Stories "Life Documented" series. I really like how the pages turned out, but I must admit, it was not easy for me. Definitely something that can be done and completed in a weekend, but definitely not my typical style of scrapbooking. And, with that said, I have the "Destinations" series to quickly scrap our vacation to Seattle last summer. I will have pics of the scrapbook to post later.
Hope you had a Merry Christmas...
Baby brain
10 years ago





1 comment:
Oh what a wonderful post! I agree, this year started a tradition that will continue for YEARS to come! Maybe when Trenton and Addie have kids they will do the same! (LOL)
Trenton opened all his gift and said "Santa got me stuff that I didnt even have to put on my list!" I wish I could keep them this age forever!
Post a Comment