I was enjoying the effects of my epidural! Yes, at this time one year ago, Little Miss was preparing to make her appearance! It seems so strange that a year has gone by; in fact, it seems unreal! What a fulfilling and wonderful year it has been. I am blessed to be a mother and especially to be a mother to the best baby in the world! Looking back, I distinctly remember one crazy night, but other than that, she's been perfect!
I think the biggest fear I had (besides the actual birthing part) was the first night home. I suppose for many people the first night is hard...at least that is what I hear so often. Well, not our Miss Perfect...in fact, because she was jaundiced, I had to wake her up to feed her; the funniest thing I remember about the first night was actually the first morning. I remember waking up and jumping up to check on her in the pack-n-play...she was still swaddled and her little cap was on...I think I slept for about 4 hours straight! Of course many people say "don't wake a sleeping baby" but we were supposed to for Addie...she was lazy about eating and the jaundice of course just encouraged her to sleep. So, I hurried and woke her up to nurse her and then we had skin to skin contact...those are just a couple of things I remember.
Oh, and another fear...I would never get any sleep, well, at least for a long time....well, again, not our Little Miss Perfect! She slept 4-5 hours straight in the first couple of weeks. By 5 weeks she was sleeping for 8 straight hours and when I went back to work (she was 9 weeks), it was 10+ hours at a time. She's always been a good sleeper and looking back I would say a good eater too! (There were some adjustments...I think if she was "not" eating well, it was probably my error! She was probably just adjusting!!!)
I have so many wonderful memories over the past year...I look forward to the next year and being Adelaide's mom!
Baby brain
10 years ago




4 comments:
Happy Birthday Addie!!
I'm so jealous of all the sleep you've gotten in this last year.
I am also fortunate that my boy sleep 11 - 12 hours per night now. He did sleep more early on than Laurana did, but I often had to put him to bed w/ me.
Happy birthday, Addie!!
Happy Birthday!! Enjoy every minute with her...they grow up so fast!!
(from a mom of 3 girls: 21/17/10)
Never say,"I can't wait until..."
Enjoy!!Kathleen
Happy (late) Birthday Addie!!!! Its already been a year?!? Where does the time go!?
Post a Comment