Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 5, 2009

We Have Sippage from a Sippy!




We have tried several times to get Addie to drink from a sippy cup, but no go...it makes a great toy! Anyhow, over winter break I was hoping to get her weaned to one mommy feeding and the remainder from a bottle; ideally, I wanted her to go to a sippy cup, but she wasn't having any of it! In fact, she was so stubborn for 2 days she refused a bottle during the day and waited until I nursed her! I worried about her when we went back to school...I called to check on her and she did exactly what I thought...did not want the bottle! She did take a couple of ounces, but Glenda decided to try a sippy cup with her and she was starting to figure it out. I brought it home with me and gave it to her before supper...she drank from it! And, the more I said, "YEAH ADDIE!!!" and clapped, the more she drank...um, I know we can't continue with that, but I am so proud of her and I am so happy she is learning!

2 comments:

{Sarah Coyle} said...

Yeah Addie!! Big girl!! It alwasy takes practice for the cup!!

Unknown said...

YAY! Go addie!!!!