Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Advent Calendar

So after Christmas last year...probably New Year's, I decided to make an Advent Calendar. Yay me, right? Well, I made it last Sunday...yes, 11 mos later! :) It took me about 2 hours to do and although I wish I had more coordinating things to embellish it with, I love how it turned it out. The paper is Basic Grey Eskimo kisses...and if you remember, I did a layout in which I used that paper and embellishments. I used Glimmer Mist to spray over the entire calendar to give it that shimmering/wintery look. And then the bow, which is difficult to see because of the hanger I used to photograph, was made by my very talented friend, Debbie, She can do ANYTHING! She made this bow for me and I attached it to my calendar frame.

4 comments:

Eli said...

I love this! I always had an advent calendar when I was growing up, and I pulled one of those out to use this year.

Paula Laird said...

Beautiful! I love the papers together! Yay for not hoarding! ;)

Shay S. said...

I decorated one just like this, but I hadn't thought to hang it up. Yours is way cuter than mine.

Unknown said...

very cute! I still have one waiting to be decorated!!!!!!