
This summer we took our first family vacation since Adelaide was 5 months old! We weren't able to get away summer 2009 and really didn't get to do as much as we wanted to this summer (6 snow days and an early start this year), but we did get to travel to one of the places I love, Rapid City! Maybe it's I love visiting the Corn Palace on the way or maybe it's the Black Hills I love or maybe it's the travel over to Wyoming (one of my fave states...but more so the OTHER side of WY) and walk around Devils Tower. I don't really know. Who could get tired of seeing Mt. Rushmore or checking up on the progress of Crazy Horse? Oh, and don't forget heading over to Spearfish Canyon...BEAUTIFUL! Matt and I had both been to Mt. Rushmore (me about 5 times, but again, that's perfectly fine) but we wanted our daughter to have the same love for her country as we do. We want Adelaide to travel the US on family vacations and for her to understand the history behind out spectacular nation! Many of you are wondering how we got a nearly 2.5 yr old to sit still in a car long enough to drive 15 hours and tour the Badlands in there???? HELLO, PORTABLE DVD PLAYER AND ELMO AND WORD WORLD!!!! :)
So, in the above picture, you see a scrapbook page I did of Ads and Matt when Addie first saw the "heads"! It was only about 45 degrees that day and windy as heck, so she was MORE THAN HAPPY to stay in the BOB (stroller)!
And a random side note, Matt had never been to Reptile Gardens so we did that and neither of us had been to Bear Country USA, so that was a great thing to experience together!




1 comment:
Oh the memories of WY....lol. I would love to take another vacation like that! I think that this year we are going to take the kids on a family vacation too. I cant wait!!! now, just to figure out where a 9yr old and 4yr old would want to go.
great post!!!!
miss you!
Post a Comment