Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

A New Week of Challenges!

And apparently, I am challenged in the fact my card's focal point is crooked! I just need to adjust it...so easy on pop-up dots! :) However, I am too lazy to retake the picture!
Unity Stamps has another sketch challenge this week! SO very exciting! If you haven't participated in a sketch challenge, now is the perfect time!


Now, if you look at this card with your head a bit turned...all will be straight! Oh well, what can I say??? I am NOT Hallmark!

And on another note...today is the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's inaugural address. I can't imagine the inspiration and freshness he gave our country...I am not up for a political debate between the Republican or Democratic parties, quite frankly, I don't care. When I read the words this popular president made 50 years ago today, I ask myself....do we still think these words are inspirational? Has our country become a stronger nation? DO WE LIVE BY HIS WORDS TODAY? I will say this, President Kennedy was a religious and spiritual man...I love how he included the Almighty God in his speech.
You can read his famous speech here: http://www.bartleby.com/124/pres56.html

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! It is so cute and whimsy!

Shay S. said...

I love the way he mentioned God, as well. Thanks for sharing your cute card, too!