Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Retiring off into the Sunset

I love the brayered sky technique, but I struggle with it! I decided to give it another whirl last night. Thought to myself...go slow, role...role...role...role but do not go off the paper...smear into the previous color.
Anyhow, I am quite pleased with how this one turned out! I am going to send it to my friend Anne who retired after teaching 34 years....and I am going to miss her terribly! I get choked up thinking about how she won't be across the hall anymore...she won't razz me about different things....we won't have our political talks....she won't be there to share her knowledge, expertise, and kindness! She is truly the teacher of the century!

Supplies:
-Stampin Up Inspired by Nature
-SU cardstock: whsiper white, more mustard, and black
-SU gold brads
-SU black 1/4" grosgrain
-Brayer and ink: summer sun, so saffron, more mustard, pumpkin pie
-Stazon black

Thanks for looking today!

1 comment:

Jennifer Magreevy said...

This is really beautiful, Cheri!! I don't know how to do this technique...so you'll have to teach me. :-)