Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hey There Wild Girl!

Here is the love of my life! But why is it that something so small can make such huge messes? We are trying to teach her to put her toys away...she doesn't always cooperate, but she is usually good to a few toys away. As I type this, she is getting every book off of the shelf...must be something about getting EVERYTHING out that is fun! She is constantly having fun and is on the go non-stop! She has gotten even more active in the last couple of weeks. She isn't saying too many words, but when she does say words she strings two or three together. And, apparently, we are not realizing how many words she is saying. Other people say, "I didn't know she could say...." or "did you just hear her say....?" Not sure if this is appropriate or not, but we haven't been counting Addie's language as words unless she says is clearly and we can recognize it! On the same note, she is trying her hardest to say her ABCs! The other day, she pointed to the letters on my t-shirt that spelled America. She randomly points and when she pointed to the letter A, I said "A" and she wanted down and then she raced to her room. I followed and she was pointing at the A above her crib. Now, I am not sure she is able to visually recognize the letter A, but she did demonstrate auditory learning! She points at things and asks, "what's that?" or points to animals or people and asks, "who's that?" Those are very clear, but the rest of her language...not so much! Her most recent activity is checking to be sure ALL ceiling fans are going....and by ALL I mean wherever she goes, she seeks out the ceiling fans. If she finds a fan that is not rotating, she points and says whatever it is she is saying in a very LOUD voice! It's pretty funny!

No comments: