Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Perhaps"...Mother's Day will be Here Soon!


I have been trying to use my stash...seriously stashed stuff! I want to get over my thing about hoarding pretty stuff! A couple of years ago, I bought some 6 x 6 pads of Basic Grey paper. I had a difficult time with using it on cards until recently. I was used to 12 x 12 paper, but would get frustrated with the idea of cutting it down for A2 sized cards...the images were just too big! Therefore, I thought purchasing these little pads would be great because the images are also smaller and more appropriate for card making. Next, comes a horrible 1st trimester of pregnancy for my entire summer break, so no card making for me! Then, Adelaide arrives and no mojo or time for quite some time for crafting. Fast forward to now....I am MAKING time for me and MAKING time for stamping/scrapping. I want to get better and I want to use some of my stuff up to make new for the "in-style" stuff of this summer. (not that these papers are less beautiful, because they are not, but I would like new!)
I told myself before I started this that I would never by the 6 x 6 pads again because you don't get much paper...well, duh! Now, that I am working with them and using it up, I will ONLY buy 6 x 6 Basic Grey paper for CARD MAKING....will still buy 12 x 12 for scrapping (which by the way, if you have never tried or even looked at Basic Grey, YOU MUST!!! LOVE IT!!!)
I am trying to make most of my cards with this month with Basic Grey pads...this set, Perhaps is just beautiful and perfect for Mother's Day.

Supplies:
-Stampin Up Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Pink Passion cardstock
-Stampin Up Eyelet border punch (my new favorite punch!!! have I said this already???)
-Stampin Up Stampin' Markers: Chocolate Chip & Pink Passion
-Stampin Up All Year Cheer II stamp set (retired)
-Stampin Up Old Olive 5/8" wide grograin
-Spellbinder's Nestabilities rectangles & scallop rectangles
-Stampin Up dimensionals
-Big Shot for die cutting the nesties
-Basic Grey Perhaps 6 x 6 designer paper

No comments: