Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day, November 11th

Arlington National Cemetary
The Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jimo)
Thomas Jefferson Memorial:

Franklin Roosevelt Memorial:

Korean War Memorial:

Korean War Memorial Wall:

Lincoln Memorial:


Washington Monument:

Vietnam Wall:


World War II Museum:



The White House:


Harper's Ferry, West Virginia (Civil War...Confederates won...then proceeded to Sharpsburg, MD)
Battle of Antietam (also known as Battle of Sharpsburg...bloodiest Civil War Battle...Union prevailed)


Happy Veteran's Day to all those who serve and have served. Thank you to those who have paid the ultimate price...your sacrifice will NOT be forgotten!
My students asked me to bring in photos of Washington DC and Pearl Harbor...they know tomorrow is Veteran's Day and they made cards today.
I thought I would post some pics I have from when my visit in 2006...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures and THANK YOU for your service!!!