Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Butterfly, Life


So my BFF from when I was FIVE is getting married today. We worked on wedding stuff last spring and this summer. Then, I get word from the Air Force that I have a required class THIS WEEKEND! Obviously I can't believe it! A class I have to take every two years and of all of the fall weekends available, it's this one???? Anyhow, I love you Genney and I wish you and Gary all of the happiness you deserve!!!! (This is not your card, btw...yours will be in the mail as soon as I know when you are returning from your HM).
I love CAS (clean and simple) cards. I also love cards with a lot of beautiful art...I find myself more drawn to create the ones that are CAS, because I am not an artist! My admiration and envy for those who can...well...
Anyhow, I am continuing on with the breast cancer challenges over at SCS. I am a couple of days behind, but with what my schedule has been for the past 2 weeks and what it's forecasted to be next week, I say that's pretty darn good!
I sure hope my class let's out a wee-bit early so I can come home and make one or two, because after today, I will be behind by three.
The above card was stamped a total of three times. The original on the Basic Gray cardstock by Stampin' Up!, the second and third time on two different paper. I cut and adhered the layers together and with glue dots, placed it on the cardstock. I little blingity bling and VOILA!
But seriously, why are gray, red and purple so hard to get a true color?
Thanks for reading my morning ramblings today!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

super cute card! what a bummer about your friend's wedding! That would make sitting in class even harder!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I love your sweet and pretty butterfly card!
That's too bad about missing your BFF's wedding.