Fall has always been my favorite time of the year and the month of October is my most favorite month! Of course when you are a kid, your birthday month is always your favorite month, but as an adult October has more meaning. October is just beautiful...you never know, cloudy, cold & rainy OR sunny, warm & dry. What I also love about October is the changing of the trees. Our tree in the front is just a beautiful sight come mid-October. Oh, did I forget to mention, that after Halloween, it's time to look forward to Christmas!?!? But now October means something else to me and those of you who are close to me understand what I might be referring to...I do not wish to go into on my public blog, but I am not sure this October is going to be an easy one for me. Just something that is still in my mind, yet I know there is a lot of beauty and fun in this LONG month of October.
I also like October b/c it's National Breast Cancer month. Now we all know the pink ribbon and slogans like "Think Pink"....but what are you going to do in your fight or campaign against this horrible cancer? I have decided to participate in the daily challenges over on Splitcoast stampers (see blinkie & click). We all know women and some men who have battled and heroically won the breast cancer demon and sadly, we know those who were beaten. For me, my grandma WON! She beat breast cancer's butt and our friend Sandy...she kicked some booty too! Unfortunately, my friend, mentor, cooperating teacher, and inspiration lost her battle. She fought long and hard, but in then end Cheryl's body could not fight any longer. I miss her...I try to keep her memory alive in my classroom...my classroom is now in the same classroom she taught; the same classroom I student taught. So, in honor of those women (and yes, men)....HAVE YOU SCHEDULED YOUR MAMMOGRAM THIS YEAR?????? (yes, I have...October 28th...there, now you know when I am getting my boobies smashed!)
Here is one of the cards...made with Cheryl's favorite saying...
Have a great October!
Baby brain
10 years ago





2 comments:
I love it Cheri!!!!
:)
Love this post!
Post a Comment