Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Scripture Challenge #1 and #2

This year I decided to participate in the Scripture Challenge found on Triple the Scraps. Patter is hosting a couple of different challenges, but I have chosen to participate in the Scripture Challenge. Every other Sunday, Patter posts a challenge word. Using the word, I think about what the word means to me and find a scripture that matches her given word. I am scrapping mine on 6 x 6 pages as she suggests. I am excited to have an entire book devoted to this and I know it will be quite inspirational, too!

Above is the first week's challenge....HOPE.


The second week (today) word is ....TEMPTATION.

While at church today, I listed to the message this week...temptation. As Matt, Addie and I where leaving church and heading to the grocery store, I remembered there would be a new word posted this week. Can you just imagine my surprise when I logged on to find this week's Scripture Challenge word to be the word our service was about today?!?!?!!?!? How exciting! In fact, the book of Matthew was discussed and read...so of course I had to choose it! I also could not just leave it at one verse, so I included three total...just didn't feel right choosing the first verse.

Thanks for looking at my blog and be sure to check out Triple the Scraps blog for more inspiration!

10 comments:

Genney, Gary, Holley and Trenton said...

LOVE THE SCRIPTURE POST!!! I HOPE THAT YOU POST THEM EVERY WEEK!

Patter Cross said...

I am kind of chuckling that the message at church was the same as the word for the week. God always seems to do that! :) He confirms the words I choose or sometimes He prompts me to change it. He is SO good! And WOW love that Hope page. Stunning. And I love how you used the Matthew passage on your Temptation page. Beautiful page too! So glad to have you joining in. Blessings,

Jennipher said...

Both of these pages are incredible works of art! Thanks for sharing.

magentals said...

Love the font on both pages. Our message Sunday was temptation as well.


Lori

Anne-Marie said...

Wow!!! I do like your art.. very inspiring.

Stacy said...

Beautiful pages! I love the colors and the way you used your DP. And, of course, great verses, too!

Nancy said...

Your Scripture Challenge pages are just beautiful! I love the papers you used and the colors! I also love the Scripture verses you used!...Nancy :o)

Vicky said...

God is so good! What a blessing it is to us how He works in our lives.
Lovely layouts, color combos and scripture verses. TFS :)

Cherie said...

Your pages are so pretty! I love your style.

Susan said...

These are lovely. THanks for sharing. Sorry so late, but so glad I came to see.