Today was our first official day back to work. Matt has been doing camp and leadership the past couple of weeks; I had a meeting last Wednesday, but today was our first building meeting and our PTA breakfast. It also was the first day for Adelaide to spend at Grandma's.
We dropped her off early this morning and waved good-bye to our baby. I have been trying to get her to clap and wave, but she still has a bit to go...although, she did try to wave good-bye or um, was it the sign for milk? Who knows, we were leaving and therefore, her milk factory was leaving too! And, speaking of milk and Adelaide, she decided she did not want a bottle. Glenda called me at work this afternoon wondering when we were going to pick her up because she had only take 7 ounces of milk. She had eaten her cereal and some peas, but normally she likes milk after eating. I didn't know what to do because Grandma Glenda had watched her on Wednesday and she was just fine! I have gone to reserves once a month and some extra days therefore, she had to take a bottle. I am not sure what is going on with baby blue eyes, but I can't help but to wonder if she is old enough to eat if she is hungry (or in this case, drink when she is hungry!!)???? I know when she was 4 weeks old we had an issue with nursing, and I was at my wits end. Yes, this was one of very few times she cried...I broke down gave her a bottle and off to dreamland she went. Anyhow, I told my mom I would think if she was hungry she would eat...my mom quickly informed me Adelaide was too young for that mentality and that the baby MUST eat. Of course I was not going to starve her, but she was just starting to fall into a routine and poof! things change and she didn't want to nurse to sleep! So, long story later, I am wondering if she is old enough now to know when she is hungry and to take her bottle if she is in fact hungry??? (any experienced moms...feedback VERY welcomed!)
We shall see what tomorrow brings...my mom wonders about Adelaide's ears; she pulls at them and sticks her finger in them. I think she may have just "discovered" her ears because she pulls on her hair. On the other hand, she has been going to the pool a couple times a week and going under water and down the slide. And, if I had a third hand, she still does not have any teeth. I have heard teething will change their eating patterns...but she has had NO fever; we will wait it out a bit longer. I just don't want her to be hungry...poor sweets!
Baby brain
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment