Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 18, 2008

Can't have nice things.....


The dreaded "grooming" day came for Sophs, and it fell on a day that trumpet lessons were to be given at school so it became my duty to get the illustrious kitty to his appointment. I fought him (albeit a little better than Chris did the other day) and got him into his cage with only a few hisses and no scratches. Loading him into the "pit" (our nickname for the new car - the money pit), he seemed disoriented with the car and new smells. I'm not sure if that had any bearing on what was to come. So we traverse down the road, taking care not to go over any hills that may upset King Sophie's belly and cause him to spew a hairball onto the seats or onto himself. Well, as I'm driving I hear him licking his lips and soft moans escape his furry lips. That is the first sign that bad things are going to happen soon! He stands up in his carrying cage, shifts around and starts making these nasty retching sounds. My first thought was, "oh Sophs, poor kitty." My next immediate thought was "NOT ON THE SEAT!!!!!" Well, out comes the puke, onto his towel that he lays down on to travel in the cage. "Shwew! Didn't hit the seat!" Well, much to my dismay, here comes the next round! A fountain of chewed up kitty food and fur went flying all over the seat! Now, I know my concern should be for the cat, but Cheri and I always tell each other that there's no point in owning nice things, they always get torn up. Well, that saying came back around again! Thank you, Bug, for charfing your breakfast onto the seats of the new rig! Love you!

PS - Matt's virgin posting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He is sooooo pretty! Maybe the floor of the front seat next time?

Kait & Jason Hupe said...

Niiice...sounds just like Zoe anytime I put her in the car..doesn't matter where she is or how short the trip...oh and how long it's been since I fed her last--Always a puke production!
Gotta love 'em!